CUSTOMER SERVICE SWEEPSTAKES
1. ELIGIBILITY: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A purchase will not increase your chances of winning. Open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 18 years of age and older. Employees, officers and directors of Murphy Oil USA, Inc. (the “Sponsor"), its affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (spouses, siblings, children and parents, regardless of where they live) or members of the same households (whether related or not) of such individuals are not eligible. Void where prohibited.
2. TO ENTER: The Murphy USA Customer Service Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) begins at 12:01 AM Central Time (CT) on January 1, 2014 and ends at 11:59 PM CT on June 30, 2014 (the “Sweepstakes Period”) and consists of six Entry Periods, one for each month the Sweepstakes is open. Entry Periods begin on the first day of the month and end on the last day of the month. There are two ways to enter: online and by mail.
Enter online: Access the survey entry page via the website printed on receipts distributed during the Sweepstakes Period at participating Murphy USA retail locations. You will be asked to respond to several questions regarding your most recent experience at Murphy USA, and to provide your name, age, telephone number, and the survey code printed on the receipt. Online entries must be received by Sponsor by 11:59 PM CT on the last day of an Entry Period to be entered in the Sweepstakes and to be eligible for the random drawing applicable to that Entry Period.
Enter by mail: Hand print your name, complete address, telephone number and date of birth on a postcard and mail via first-class mail to: Murphy USA Customer Service Sweepstakes, PMI Station, PO Box 3516, Southbury, CT 06488-3516. Mail-in entries must be postmarked by the last day of an Entry Period and received by Sponsor no later than the eighth day of the following month to be entered in the Sweepstakes.
There is no limit to the number of times you may enter online or by mail, however each online entry must have a different survey code and each mail-in entry must be mailed separately. For purposes of clarification, as printed receipts will only be generated following a customer experience, all no-purchase entries must be completed via mail as opposed to online; entry via mail is as statistically likely to win as an online entry. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify Sponsor of any changes in the entrant’s information subsequent to the date of entry.
3. RANDOM DRAWINGS: Six random drawings will be conducted, each on or about the 10th day of the month following an Entry Period, the first being on February 10, 2014 and the last on July 10, 2014. Entries for any given Entry Period will not be entered or otherwise included in any other Entry Period’s drawing.
4. PRIZES/ODDS OF WINNING: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., an independent judging organization, will conduct a random drawing from among all eligible entries received for the specified Entry Period to select twenty (20) Grand Prize winners per Entry Period. Each Grand Prize winner will receive a $100 Murphy USA Gas Card, subject to its terms and conditions. Winners will be notified by telephone and postal mail. Return of any prize notification as undeliverable will result in forfeiture of the prize and it will be awarded to an alternate winner. Odds of winning will be determined by the number of eligible entries received during each Entry Period.
5. GENERAL: All taxes on prizes are the sole responsibility of winners. By participating, entrants agree [a] to abide by and be bound by these rules and decisions of Sponsor and judges which shall be final in all respects relating to the Sweepstakes, including without limitation the interpretation of these rules; [b] to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising agencies, promotional agencies and suppliers and any other individual or company involved in the development or execution of the Sweepstakes (the “Released Parties”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses, damages, rights, claims and actions of any kind resulting from their participation in the Sweepstakes or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize; and if a winner [c] to the use of his/her name, voice, image and/or likenesses for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation (unless prohibited by law) and to execute specific consent to such use if asked to do so. Entries which contain false information, are incomplete, inaccurate or are otherwise forged, defective, or made outside authorized channels, including those which have failed due to malfunction or failure of phones, phone lines, telephone systems or networks, server, providers, computer equipment, software or any combination thereof of any kind, any human error or otherwise, shall be void. Released Parties are not responsible and shall not be liable for: [a] telephone, electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or by any error (human or otherwise) which may occur in the processing of entries; [b] failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; [c] entries which are late, misdirected, unintelligible, garbled or incomplete, or are not recorded or cannot be completed for any reason; [d] late, lost, misdirected, mutilated, incomplete, illegible or postage-due entries or mail; or [e] any condition caused by events that may cause the Sweepstakes to be disrupted or corrupted. If, for any reason whatsoever, this Sweepstakes, in Sponsor’s sole opinion, is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, by reason of infection by computer virus, tampering, fraud, technical failures, or any other cause which, in the Sponsor’s sole judgment, corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this Sweepstakes and limit entries to those legitimately submitted prior to the action taken, and/or to award the prizes in such a manner as may be deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor in its sole discretion. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. If due to a printing, technical or other error, or any other reasons cause more than the stated number of prizes, as set forth in these Official Rules, to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes (not yet awarded) by a random drawing from among all legitimate eligible prize claimants in that category. In the event of a dispute regarding the identity of the person submitting an entry, the entry will be deemed to be submitted by the “authorized account holder” associated with any given telephone number or email account at the time of entry, who must comply with these Official Rules. Potential winners may be required to provide evidence (to the Sponsor’s satisfaction) that they are the authorized account holder of the telephone or e-mail address associated with a winning entry. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person [a] who is assigned to a telephone number by a telephone service provider or [b] who is assigned an e-mail address by an internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or any website associated therewith; to be acting in violation of these Official Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. All entries become property of Sponsor. No prize transfer or cash redemption. No prize substitution except by Sponsor due to prize unavailability, in which case a prize of comparable or greater value will be awarded. All federal, state and local regulations apply. These Official Rules and the conduct of the Sweepstakes shall be governed by the laws of the State of Arkansas without regard to conflict of laws principles and any actions, claims or suits shall be held in a federal or state court located in State of Arkansas. For a copy of these Official Rules, mail a self-addressed stamped envelope to be received by June 30, 2014, to: Murphy USA Customer Service Sweepstakes 2014-1 Rules, PMI Station, PO Box 750-R, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Additionally, a copy of these rules shall be posted during the Sweepstakes Period at www.tellmurphyusa.com.
6. WINNER LIST: For a list of winners, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to be received by July 31, 2014, to: Murphy USA Customer Service Sweepstakes 2014-1 Winners, PMI Station, PO Box 750-W, Southbury, CT 06488-0750. Winner list will be available after July 31, 2014.
Sponsor: Murphy Oil USA, Inc., 200 Peach Street, El Dorado, AR 71730
Sweepstakes Administrator: Promotion Mechanics, Inc., 87 South Main Street, Newtown, CT 06470